I feel as if I've grown so much

Saturday, December 8, 2012

since I entered college. And of course, that's what you're supposed to do... but it's strange because I can actually remember specific moments where it was so incredibly obvious to met how much I've grown. I've learned to love more selflessly and appreciate more fully, to forgive more frequently, and to see things less black and white. I haven't mastered any of these areas, but my progress is definitely noticeable. I feel like I've become so much more mature in many aspects and have gained a deeper understanding of so many things. I have less fear and more faith. Less anxiety and more hope. I've been wanting to write about this for a while now, but at the time I'm so distracted by so many other thoughts. One thing I haven't be able to do --- slow down my mind. But this journey is something else. I'm mesmerized each day by the incredible people I meet. Their stories, their journeys, their strength, their laughter. Though things can be scary and sad and complicated and difficult, there's a silver lining that's still to be found. Perhaps the biggest part of life is the mystery of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment