I Declare: Day 8

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

This story gave me chills and almost brought me to tears. It is Day 8 in Joel Osteen's new book "I Declare." The declaration is:

I DECLARE God's dream for my life is coming to pass. It will not be stopped by people, disappointments, or adversities. God has solutions to every problem I will ever face already lined up. The right people and the right breaks are in my future. I will fulfill my destiny. This is my declaration.

Now the story:
"A college professor took a group of students to China for a field trip. Several days into the journey the professor experienced incredible stomach pain. He  was hurting so badly,.the professor asked a friend to call an ambulance. He was rushed to a local clinic.
They were way back in a small town with no big hospitals. The medical staffer in charge noticed the professor's appendix had ruptured. Poison was spreading throughout his body, but there were no surgeons around. Ther was little that could be done for the professor, his friend was told.
"I can give him some pain medication, maybe some sleeping pills, but y advice is that he should make peace with his family," the clinic staffer told him.
The professor went into convulsions and passed in and out of consciousness. Back at home in the States, the professor's father who is a pastor, began to feel an incredible burden for his son during a service at his church. The pastor tried to ignore the feeling but it just wouldn't go away. Finally, he stopped the service and said to the congregation, "We must pray for my son. Something is wrong." They dropped to their knees and prayed.
Back in China at the clinic it was 2 in the morning when one of the country's most well known surgeons walked in-- the same surgeon who travels with the U.S. president when he visits China. The clinic staff was amazed to see him. "I'm here to take care of the American," the surgeon said.
 The Chinese surgeon saved the life of the professor with an operation. The next day the surgeon said to the recovering professor: "Who were those 2 men that you sent into my office yesterday?", "I didn't send anybody to you, " the professor replied. "I don't know anybody here in China. I've just been here for a couple of days." "That's odd, because 2 men came in dressed in nice suits. They looked like they were government officials," the surgeon said. "And they said you were a very important person and I needed to be here in the middle of the night to operate on you." 
God knows how to make it all work out. Even seven thousand miles away God had people praying. That's why you can live life in peace. God is in complete control. He knows the end from the beginning. God knows what you will need a week from now, a month from now, even ten years from now. And the good news is He's already taking care of you. "

Reading this book gives me so much confidence that I am exactly where I need to be in my life and that if I just keep listening to the voice of God that keeps speaking to me, my life will surpass my wildest dreams. The same can be true for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment